Visit 20 Something Bloggers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Top 10 Essentials for Business Travel

At work, I've been traveling quite a bit. I decided to create a top 10 list of items that I absolutely cannot leave home without.

10. Clear makeup pouch
Essential for all makeup, makeup remover, moisturizers, toothpaste and toothbrush etc. I usually try to keep in near the top of my carry-on in case I need to remove it.
9. Slippers/Flip Flops
I never walk around my hotel room without them. Although the carpet is probably vacuumed it's probably not cleaned that often.
8. Travel neck pillow
Probably a really good idea for longer flights but I have the kind that you can inflate and it slims down to paper-thin size so it easily fits anywhere.
7. Laptop Bag
In addition to my small carry-on bag, I always make sure to keep my laptop bag on my shoulder. I make sure my laptop can be easily taken out for security. I also make sure all my pockets are zippered before placing my bag in the bin for the X-ray machine.
6. For the flight: lotion and lip balm and body spray
Every time I'm on a flight I feel like my face and lips get so dried out. It's great to keep a small bottle of face cream and a lip balm handy. I also feel like a little body spray doesn't hurt either.
5. A pashmina
They serve as a blanket, a cute accessory to your outfit or even balled up as a small pillow!
4. Nail file
I don't know why but I always end up breaking or chipping a nail when traveling. This is really weird but I've found if you forget one, you can rub your nail in between the grout of a tile and it works just as well.
3. Comfortable PJ's or a nightgown
The most relaxing feeling after a long day on business is being able to slip into something comfy.
2. Travel-size Downy wrinkle releaser
This stuff is amazing - instantly gets rid of wrinkles for easier ironing or touch ups.
1. Ear plugs
I always have a pair of Macks in my wallet. Life saver for crying kids or those loud conversations you don't want to be part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment