Visit 20 Something Bloggers

Saturday, April 23, 2011

How to make a few extra bucks: Consignment 101


The catch phrase from SecondTimeAround is "Recycle your unwanted clothing and start earning money today!" Now consignment is certainly not a new concept but I think that it is becoming more popular because people are getting more and more into recycling/reusing everything.

Usually, I try to clean out my closet 1-2x per year. I analyze each item of clothing and ask myself: does this fit me? is this style still popular? will I wear this again? If the answer is no to any of those questions then I usually I chose to donate. I have a few cousins or family friends that are younger than me and would probably fit into my old clothes so that is option #1. Then, if that doesn't work out I usually donate to salvation army or something along those lines.

This year, I happened to be walking around shopping and I found this great store that was selling near-new used clothing but really upscale designers. I figured it would be worth a shot to consign considering the items I was going to give away were Tory Burch, Lilly Pulitzer, Ralph Lauren and BCBG!

Well, it was a great decision - I made over $100 and I still have a few more months to continue to consign. It is a great idea so check out the site for more details:

SecondTimeAround

No comments:

Post a Comment