Visit 20 Something Bloggers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Ratings and Reviews

I must admit I am a bit of a YELPaholic and I've recently discovered LookVille and MakeUpAlley. Why is it that I trust people's ratings and crave feedback from strangers? I think part of it is that sometimes you second guess yourself and want the opinion of others and the other part is that you want to be certain that what you do is correct. Whether it's choosing a great date spot or figuring out what outfit matches your new shoes you want to ensure that everything works out perfectly.

I am huge fan of ratings and reviews because it makes me feel engaged in something that I am passionate about. I love food. I love to cook and I want to make sure that each meal I eat is worth every bite. Now, that doesn't mean it has to be ritzy but I want good food period. I will pre-YELP every restaurant I try and I am not ashamed.

I also really enjoy sites like LookVille because it gives you inspirational ideas of new ways of doing things. Wearing red pumps with a blue polka dot dress was something I never would have suggested but hey, it works out nicely.

Being active in a community full of people that share the same interests as you do is a wonderful feeling (even if it's mainly online). Connecting people from all over the world is beautiful and I wish I had more time in the day to rate and review things besides food and fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment