Visit 20 Something Bloggers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How much do millennials crave feedback?


Today I read an article mentoring and millennials where the author mentioned how millennials crave feedback. If you don't know exactly who millennials are, read on...

By definition:

The Millennial Generation, born between 1977 and 1998, are the latest generation to enter the workplace. They are 75 million strong in size and are characterized as being self-confident, focused on learning and moving up quickly, team-oriented, well networked, and technologically savvy.

I agree with the fact that because we are new to the workforce we want feedback. However, I think that trait can be applied across different generations. We are much more socially connected and obsessed with updates and instant feedback i.e. facebook vs. other generations. I think we do crave feedback and I personally find it easier to find mentors that are baby boomers because they are parental figures in the workplace. Whereas a gen x may be more competitive or less open about sharing insights or advice.

One-on-one mentoring is extremely valuable and I think our generation has a lot to teach!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the Millennial generation has a lot to teach. I am looking forward to great things from this generation!

    ReplyDelete