Visit 20 Something Bloggers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Networking Events w/ your co-workers

Tomorrow evening I am attending a networking event in Manhattan for the Cosmetic Executive Women organization (CEW) aimed for "young executives." This will be my first networking event at my new job in a new industry. I am very excited to see how this organization will be different from the previous one I belonged to.

I think the Cosmetics industry is wonderful because it is an industry full of women leaders. If you are lucky enough to form connections to people at other companies or within your company it is a tremendous help. No matter where you are in your career, it can't hurt to find a mentor.

I already know a small handful of women from other companies through my alumni networking events in the city and my previous employer. However, it will be exciting to meet new people and share experiences with them as well as hear from the panel. I can't forget to bring my business cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment