Visit 20 Something Bloggers

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Staying sane in the workplace

Do you face 30 mini-crisis per day? Well, you're not alone. According to a recent article from Monster.com, most people face about 30 frustrations a day.

I think the key take aways from this article are 1) tune out when you can. Take breaks for lunch/coffee or listen to tunes. Maybe you don't have time for a full 1 hour lunch break, so take a 10 min coffee break or vice versa.

Even though it's getting to be a bit colder, I still think it's great to be able to grab lunch outside and get some fresh air. Don't get me wrong, I love my office. I work in a gorgeous skyscraper overlooking central park but it's important to change it up a little. Everyone needs a change of scenary every once in while. So get out and take a quick break or plug in those earbuds for a musical break.

Lastly, leave your work at work. I love that when I go home I know the next morning I will have a sharp mind and be able to give it my all. By the end of the day, it's time to unwind and de-stress.

7 Tips to Stay Sane at Work

No comments:

Post a Comment