Visit 20 Something Bloggers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Moving in and setting the grounds rules

My boyfriend and I recently moved into a new apartment together. Most of the furniture and decorations came from his apartment since he had been living on his own for the past few years and I have changed roommates on a yearly basis. We both made a few joint decisions on new purchases such as a couch, leaning desk and a sofa in our home office. However, he has a taxidermy collection which whether I like it or not has been incorporated into our design and style. Granted I have a side business and have tons of my supplies always scattered around, they are temporary and don't take up entire wall spaces which his collection most certainly does! Recently, we got into an argument since he surprisingly made a new purchase without my full consent and understanding and he expected everything to be fine. When I confronted him about this it didn't go as planned and it was quite upsetting. Moving in together has definitely highlighted certain pet peeves or habits that we both probably hadn't noticed earlier or had a problem with but I think it's always best to communicate as much as possible to ensure that both parties are on the same page with everything. Moving forward we are going to make much more of an effort to talk through our decisions to avoid any future blow ups. SheKnows published a great article which shed light on a few important issues:



10 Unbreakable Rules for Moving in Together

No comments:

Post a Comment