Visit 20 Something Bloggers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's wedding season and I'm on a budget

Today I read this great article that talks about how expensive weddings can be. This is the first year I've been invited to my close friend's wedding and I'm super excited to be a bridesmaid. However, I've come to realize that you need to give presents, not once, not twice but often three times! First, there's the engagement party, then there's the bridal shower and last but not least the actual wedding. Now, this doesn't even include the costs of bachelor or bachelorette parties, your outfit, your transportation or lodging costs etc. How much should you give? Well, I guess there can be a wide range of appropriate monetary gifts. The article polled people and here are some results: "I asked 20 20-somethings to give me itemized lists of how much they’d spent in recent years as wedding guests and wedding party members. This is by no means a scientific study, but I polled a cross-section of people across the country, many of whom had attended multiple weddings. The median totals I heard per person, per wedding were" Wedding guest: $540 Groomsman: $815 Bridesmaid: $900 Also, I can't believe how extravagant some people's registry's are. Between my boyfriend and I, we have so many things in our home, I cannot imagine needing more! More glasses, more pots, more pans, more vacuums, more towels etc. In today's day and age, I actually find it hard to believe that people would actually want more stuff. Well I better start saving because it's wedding season.



Weddings are super expensive

No comments:

Post a Comment